Saturday, June 11, 2016

Cookbooks

Image result for betty crocker vegetarianHere is a note about cookbooks.  I got Betty Crocker Vegetarian Cooking when I first decided to do a vegetarian summer.  I chose it because I wanted mainstream recipes that weren't too spicy.  It has some recipes I like, but a lot of them are just their other recipes, but they have substituted TVP (textured vegetable protein, i.e.) in place of the meat.  I don't want to use fake meat... like...ever. 




Recently I picked up a vegetarian cook book at a thrift store.  It is called The Cook's Encyclopedia of Vegetarian Cooking by Lina Fraser.  I haven't tried any of the recipes yet, but I plan to this week.  It looks promising, and none of the recipes call for imitation meat substitute.

No comments:

Post a Comment