Friday, September 27, 2019

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffin Tops

Ok, here is another Kodiak cooking mix recipe. I call them muffin tops because they are low fat, but your kids just might call them cookies.

1 cup Kodiak Chocolate Chip Muffin Mix*
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/3 cup soy milk (or other nut milk)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
More chocolate chips if you want (my husband's suggestion)

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together all the ingredients until blended.  Spray muffin top pan with cooking spray (or you can use a cookie sheet with parchment paper on it.). Spoon mixture by heaping tablespoons onto the pan. Bake for 12 minutes.

*I want to try making this with the regular Kodiak mix to see if it works.  I will post a comment when I do.

If you are not vegan, just vegetarian add an egg
If you are not as concerned about fat, add 2 T vegetable or olive oil.

P.S.  The regular kodiak mix works just fine.  My hubsand prefers the milk chocolate chips, but semi-sweet work as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment