Friday, July 16, 2021

Sweet Potato Glass Noodles

I am a big fan of Cup Bop so I decided to try my hand at Korean Glass Noodles.  I ordered the noodles online, though it is probably cheaper to get them at an Asian food market.  I looked up several sauce recipes, but then mostly invented my own.

8 oz dry Korean Glass Noodles (cook according to package directions and drain)
2 carrots, grated coursely
1 cup raw spinach, cut into thin strips
1 zucchini, sliced very thin. 
1/2 block of extra firm tofu
Sauce
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 T fish sauce (Choose a vegan variety if you are strictly vegan)
1/2 cup water
2 T sugar
1 T coconut oil

Cook the noodles according to package instructions.  While they are cooking, stirfry vegetables in a skillet or wok  Remove them from the pan and keep warm.  In the same pan add crumbled tofu and stir fry until lightly browned.  Return vegetables to the pan.  Add the cooked (and drained) noodles and the sauce.  Simmer for 5 minutes until most of the liquid from the sauce is absorbed. 

If you are not too concerned about being vegan, you can substitute fried and chopped egg for the tofu.  


No comments:

Post a Comment