Saturday, April 23, 2016

Taking Inventory

Today was my grocery shopping day.  Before I went to the store, I decided to see how much meat I have in the house.  In addition to my kitchen freezer, I have a chest freezer in the garage.  I went through both of them and discovered that I had roughly 16 lbs of frozen meat!  I don't really want any of that meat to still be in my freezer on June 1st, so I decided to make a concerted effort to use it all up by then.  Since I am already doing 3 vegetarian dinners a week, and will change to 4 in May, that might be a challenge.  I decided I better not buy any more meat, and just plan my meat meals to use up what we have.  Only 1lb of the meat we have already is beef.  The rest is chicken, ham and pork.  So after I cook beef enchiladas tomorrow I will be done with beef for the next 4 months.  That is a strange thought.  I wonder if I will miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment