Friday, April 22, 2016

Getting Started

I preparation for our vegetarian summer I made a plan of attack.  I decided that I would gradually switch to vegetarian cooking by trying and collecting vegetarian recipes and incorporating vegetarian dinners a few a week.  I started in March cooking 2 vegetarian dinners a month.  I purchased a vegetarian cook book to start trying recipes and I also made a list of recipes that I cook already that are vegetarian. Each week in March I made one of my tried and true vegetarian recipes, and one new one.  In April I bumped it up to 3 vegetarian dinners per week.  In May I will do 4 and then go to all 7 in June.

Here are some of my tried and true, been-cooking-them-for-years, vegetarian dinners.

Homemade Macaroni and Cheese
Potato Casserole
Wisconsin Cheese Chowder (if I use cream of Mushroom or Celery soup instead of Cream of Chicken)
Cheese Stuffed Manicotti
Spaghetti with Maranara, Pesto, or Alfredo Sauce.
Eggs and Pancakes
Cheese Omlet
Vegetable Curry Over Rice
Tofu Curry and Stir-fry Vegetables
Carrot Casserole

I will start putting some of the recipes on the blog, but it might take a while to put them all up.  As I do I will put links to them on this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment