Sunday, May 15, 2016

Graham Muffins

I usually make muffins for Sunday morning breakfast.  When I had kids at home it simplified the morning because they could grab one whenever they were ready to eat, and I didn't have to bother with a lot of plates and silverware to wash.  Now that I am an empty-nester, I have continued the tradition.  I had some graham flour lying around the house, so I looked up a recipe for graham muffins. As usual, I modified the recipe to suit my personal tastes.

Graham Muffins

mix together:
1 cup white flour
1 cup graham flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup brown sugar (the original recipe called for white)
1/2 tsp salt

in a separate bowl mix together
1 egg
1 cup milk (I used soy milk)
4 tbsp melted butter
cinnamon sugar * (optional)

Add the dry and wet ingredients and stir until everything is moistened.  Put in cup cake tins and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar if desired. Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes.

*Cinnamon sugar: 1 cup sugar, 1 tbsp cinnamon.  Mix until blended and store in a shaker bottle.


No comments:

Post a Comment